Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Royal Decree

Ok, so I'm not a royal -- but I am Princess Diana's cousin (or some such nonsense). Yesterday I did issue a royal decree though. Starting yesterday and going through at least October 31, 2008 it is summer. Winter has been vanquished. It is time to put away all those winter drinks and pull out the refreshments of summer (mojitos, daiquiris and margaritas). Winter coats will go deep into the closet. Sunglasses must be kept on your person at all times.

To kick off this new summer (even though it was only 50 degrees today and the forecast for Friday calls for snow) I went out and bought some new spring clothes. Let's hope it gets warm soon so I can wear them.

I went to the Bulls game last night with some friends last night. Got some acceptable tickets from a law firm we use for work. The Bulls won -- the game was interesting and the beers were flowing. Here is a picture of our crew after the game. No we weren't arrested -- Me, JN, PM, R(J)P. Very fun night. This picture is shit -- it was taken by some TMA (traffic management authority) idiot. It's blurry, but whatever...don't zoom in.
I also booked another flight today. From April 26 through May 26 I will fly a total of 11,966 miles. The trips are: ORD-SAN-LAX-PDX-ORD, then ORD-SFO-ORD, then ORD-PDX-ORD. I got a fantastic deal on flight to see JDE in SFO. About half price, flying United. It is her birthday weekend, so we'll do the Napa thing, the sushi thing, the exquisite dinner/dancing thing and then lounge around the house in a gluttonous coma thing (per usual). I will be in Chicago for one weekend in May. Sounds so exciting for me. I can't wait. I am such a fan of travel -- like a little kid on his first airplane ride. It's just so great!

1 comment:

David said...

If any of your flights are changed and they suggest Detroit you may either end up flying 25,000 miles, or it could last through June 26... Something to think about.

I wasn't aware of the Diana connection. Did you see Amelie?