Sunday, April 20, 2008

There's a whole lotta shakin' going on

While living in Oregon I remember several earthquakes. None of which were major -- but all of them excited me. At 4:30m on Thursday morning I woke up. I thought someone was breaking into my apartment. Unlike the Oregon quakes, I didn't hear a rumble (freight train sound), I didn't feel the rolling of the ground -- I just heard my front door rattling back and forth. Lilly was sound asleep until I bounded out of bed. Once she was awake she freaking out. She ran around the house YELLING at the top of her little pussy lungs. No one was breaking in so I go back to bed. Once I get up I hear on the news that we had an earthquake -- it still didn't register. What does this mean -- it means I am not a morning person. It wasn't until I got to work at the girl next to me was talking about waking up during the quake. Ugh...what a retard I can be.

We had a couple aftershocks -- none of which I really felt. Of course when people were talking about the aftershocks, I had to correct them and say "Perhaps these are all foreshocks, and the big one is coming". It's fun to mess with people who are not from a quake active area. Granted, it could be a foreshock and this is my last blog, because I'll be crushed in the ruble of my cement filing cabinet. But that's life, right?

1 comment:

David said...

I see you posted another blog 17 minutes later... Didn't want it to be the last post after all.