Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tim Lately...

Spring has sprung. It was 70 degrees this week. It felt great. The warm air from the south blowing -- actually blowing like a fucking gale. Every spring when the wind picks up all the trash that has been collecting in the gutters, alleys and gangways all seems to blow up into my eyes. I'm spending more time flushing my eyes with water than I am drinking water.

I've had a busy week. We took our travel agent out for dinner in Schaumburg (yeah, the burbs). We when to Wildfire -- which as my loyal readers know, is my favorite restaurant in the city. It was shit...again. My steak was bland, the services we sub par (fat ugly suburban girl with a pus filled pimple on her cheek...ew). It was nice to actually meet AH (travel agent). She has been so good to me and my family over the past year -- she is moving to D.C. (ish) next week and she is very nervous about it.

I had dinner with and old boss yesterday (CMc) at a fab place in Ravenswood -- Cafe 28 is a Cuban/Mexican Fusion place. Since it was so fantastic outside I had a Mojito (we didn't sit outside because it was evening and it would have gotten too cool for us). The food was fantastic! I give it four (out of 5) stars.

Tomorrow I have dinner/drinks with a friend KS at Nacional 27, I sense another mojito in my future. I haven't been to the gym in a week. I finally downloaded the previous BSG episodes, so I can watch them while on the bike at the gym. I've got 8 days until San Diego, and I've got too much gut to get rid of (I shouldn't have had that big bowl of gnocchi at Carmines today -- we did sit outside today though).

Oh -- I've updated some play lists on my iPod and found myself listening to 1990's Rock (ish) music a lot lately (It's on shuffle, so this isn't the order I chose). Here's my play list. What do you think? Time for me to take off the flannel shirt and cut my hair (and put down that grande cup of coffee)...


Party, My House, Be There-MXPX
Straight No Chaser-Bush
High-Fiving MF-Local H
Santa Monica-Everclear
Come As You Are-Nirvana
I'm Ok, You're Ok-MXPX
Bound for the Floor-Local H
Open road song-Eve 6
Losing My religion-R.E.M.
Zero-Smashing Pumpkins
You Make Me Feel Like a Whore-Everclear
Breed-Nirvana
On A Plain-Nirvana
Sex and Candy-Marcy Playground
Today-Smashing Pumpkins
Mother Mother-Tracy Bonham
Pepper-Butt Hole Surfers
Rape Me-Nirvana
My Hero-Foo Fighters
1979-Smashing Pumpkins
Nice Guys Finish Last-Green Day
Greedy Fly-Bush
Track 07-The Refreshments
Sick & Beautiful-Artificial Joy Club
Leech-Eve 6
Track 03-The Refreshments
Californication-Red Hot Chili Peppers
High-Feeder
Bullet With Butterfly Wings-Smashing Pumpkins
Society-Pennywise
Heroin Girl-Everclear
Spoonman-Soundgarden
Small Town Trap-Eve 6
Polly-Nirvana
Drain You-Nirvana
Basket Case-Green Day
Tonight, Tonight-Smashing Pumpkins
Swallowed-Bush
Showerhead-Eve 6
Glycerine-Bush
Scar Tissue-Red Hot Chili Peppers
Redundant-Green Day
Superhero Girl-Eve 6
Everything Zen-Bush
Inside Out-Eve 6
Sliver-Nirvana
Thrity-Three-Smashing Pumpkins
Heart Shaped Box-Nirvana
Superman's Dead-Our Lady Peace
Jesus Nitelite-Eve 6
Heartspark Dollarsign-Everclear
Blue Monday-Orgy
Walking Contradiction-Green Day
When I Come Around-Green Day
Smells Like Teen Spirit-Nirvana
All Apologies-Nirvana
Black Hole Sun-Soundgarden

1 comment:

David said...

http://web.mac.com/thehigginsons/The_Higginsons/Playlist_Breakdown.html

Good list I'd say. Many are in my Heavy rotation list of currently 871 songs (some duplicates: live versions...)