Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Where have you been?

I have been asking myself this question all month. Why haven't I been blogging? I was in PDX the weekend after the forth. I saw J&JB (reduced the initials on J as I am too lazy now), AB and her bf , and SO. I took SO, who is from Connecticut to Turkey Rama. It was quite the exciting time. I showed her Linfield and all of my favorite 3rd Street Bars (McMennimen's, NW Wine Bar, La Rambla, and the Deluxe (DEEEE-lux).

The next day I had a family reunion. Family reunions are great -- they remind me of my favorite Gandhi quote ever -- "I am reminded how I do not want to be". First off my cousin is the size of a small Buick. Her child seemed to be doing fine, except he is a baby and doesn't really make any noise (or I had a spell of hysterical deafness around him). My grandpa's brother, K, asked me why I thought I was "successful" and so many people in our family are just failures. He asked this in front of the whole family. He was obviously implying that my cousin was a failure. I'm not a big fan of hers, but people shouldn't be rude. Then he asked me how much I was making -- and I quote "Have you topped $40,000/year yet?"). For god sakes, leave me alone.

The next weekend I was in Denver. JFB turned 30. He had a part with about 50 people there. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was the first night at dinner. I made a comment in ear shot of the waitress saying "This is your weekend, your birthday". She came over, and I said "Doesn't he look great, he's turning the big 4-0 this weekend". That went over really well with JFB. We got empanadas out of it though. Lots of drinking and eating. It is hard to leave those boys -- I have such a great time with them.

I've been running around a lot lately. The summer is slipping away. What is happening? Sometimes I feel like I am just cresting the top of a roller coaster and our speed is increasing and increasing and increasing. SLOW DOWN!

D&MH are coming to visit this weekend. Lollapalooza is here. Why is Kanye and NIN playing opposite of each other on Sunday night? That is unacceptable. I'm not really sure what the plans are this weekend, but my phone will be on me at all times, so SMS if you are out and about.

My parents are coming to visit for a couple weeks this month. I am looking forward to it. I hope my dad will be able to have an enjoyable and relaxed time. I'll blog more about that on the other blog.

Work-wise: I have hired two (well, one and a half) new people. They start over the next 2 weeks. I am excited. Both folks seem like great additions to the team.

Next trip: I am off to LGA in September, just a couple week days though, no extended time for myself though.

No comments: