Saturday, July 05, 2008

Where the hell have I been?

So it is the July 4th long weekend, and I realize I haven't blogged here in weeks. I still haven't gotten art for my office walls. I still haven't taken pictures. I am still in the process to hire someone for the two positions I have open.


I went to Toronto a couple weeks ago. Delayed both on the outbound and the inbound. Days were packed with meetings. I did managed to go do some touristy things -- I went to the Blue Jays/Reds game (great seats, not the view in the picture though).

I did the CN Tower Tour, which honestly wasn't all that impressive, plus it smelled like curry.









My schedule got messed up in Toronto, so I couldn't be the best man in the lesbian wedding. I feel bad about the whole thing too. I really wanted to do it. Oh well, there is bound to be more lesbian weddings, right?


Last weekend was the annual Pride Parade. I am all about people being proud of who they are but some people just should be proud. I don't want to see a morbidly obese man wearing only a thong covered by chain mail boy shorts, or a woman with horrifically saggy tits (picture a fried egg hanging by a nail on a wall) completely nude, except for 2 "X"s covering her nipples (made of electrical tape) and a fake fig leaf over her cookie. I felt bad for her because everyone was aghast when she walked by. I don't usually have a great time at the parade, but I go. I see old friend and the most exciting part of the very long parade??? The last float, because about 5 minutes after the last float you see the army of Streets and Sanitation works cleaning up. You can stand on the demarcation line between post parade carnage and post Streets and Sans clean up and it looks completely different. Like New Orleans on 8/28/2006 and again on 9/1/2008 (but inverse).


I have been running more lately. Last weekend I ran Saturday, Sunday and Monday mornings. This weekend I ran on Friday and Saturday (today). Doubt I will go tomorrow, as I have supper club tonight -- lots of wine, cheese food and desserts.


I had a few friends over for dinner last night. One person (friend of a friend) is always so harsh and rude. She wanted to know how much I pay in rent for my apartment. I told her "Probably too much" then changed the subject. She just kept coming back to it. I think that's like asking "How much do you make?" I will answer that question when posed from a VERY small handful of people (parents, JDE, JM.....that may be it.....) Rude. Then someone pooped and stunk up the whole house -- it was a late comer to the party, who didn't eat dinner with us. Gross. I did make sure to comment "It stinks like shit in here -- go light a candle".


I am off to PDX on Thursday night. It's an off chemo week -- so my dad should have energy to do things. I am still working on the ground transportation issue. My 50% off rental car deal is no more, so instead of renting a car and driving down, I might just take a car service. I have lots of research to do before Thursday. Any suggestions?


The following weekend I am going to DEN to see the boys. I am looking forward to the upcoming travels. I also got my Lollapalooza tickets yesterday. A couple friends are coming in from ANC for that weekend, should be fun. Hopefully it won't be 800 degrees with equally high humidity. There is still time to join us -- book it!


As I said, tonight is supper club, so I have to go get myself all pretty. A friend from the SFO area is in town and is joining us tonight. I can't wait.


I will do a better job of blogging this week -- promise.

No comments: