Sunday, October 26, 2008

'ello Winter...

It is the end of October. Chicago is starting get a bit of a chill in the air. The weathermen are even saying we might have snow flurries tomorrow. Are you kidding me? I had to turn on heat this week and pulled out the humidifiers at the same time. 5 months of this only -- I guess that is the silver lining, right?

I have been in Chicago for about a month straight now. It has been nice to be home. I head out of town next month for a ton of travel. I will be going back to BDL, then LGA, LAS, PDX. Should be some fun trips, lots of work for each of them (except for LGA), but it will be good to get back out and about.

Went on a sorta-date Friday night with a guy I met while in New York in September. What a horribly boring and torturous couple of hours. The food was bland but that was tempered by the severe overcooking of everything. One thing I really can't stand when you are out to dinner with people is when the check comes and people nickel and dime the bill -- just divide the whole damn thing equally. This guy was trying to be nice and saying he owes more because he drank an extra drink and his entree was a little more. The difference was about $5...come on. Just shut the hell up and pay the bill.

Going to dinner tonight with SO at Agami. I'm a fan of this sushi place in the neighborhood -- I'm afraid that good places like this won't stay open especially in this economy -- Uptown really isn't the top neighborhood for destination eating.

On a work front, next week I am starting my work with an Executive Coach. The company is paying for a six month coaching session. I have my first meeting with my coach late next week. Am looking forward to it -- hopefully it bodes well for my career and doesn't cause any issues with my colleagues who might feel they are being looked over. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments: