Sunday, November 23, 2008

Vegas, How I Love Thee, Let Me Count the Ways

I returned from Las Vegas today. My original flight was scheduled to land in Chicago at 8pm tonight -- After 5 days in Vegas I just had to get out of town -- I got up at the crack of dawn (5am) in a hope to get on an earlier flight - standby. Luckily I got out on the first flight and was back in Chicago before noon.

Las Vegas was good -- I learned a few things at the conference that will help me and my company over the coming months, met a few people who are dealing with the same issues we are dealing with and I had fun. I won't discuss the work aspects here though. The fun side of the trip consisted of me seeing Barry Manilow (again) at the Hilton this time -- fantastic. We were no more than 50 feet from him during the whole show! On Friday, we went to see Jerry Seinfeld at Caesar's Palace. First off -- I think I want to stay at Caesar's next time I'm in Vegas, it's a fun and happening location. Jerry was a little disappointing. The first 15 minutes I didn't laugh once. He had a few good moments, but all in all - disappointing. His opening act was absolutely fantastic. I could hardly stop laughing -- I think he was worth the cost of the Seinfeld tickets.

On Saturday night a friend was in town (last minute thing). JB (not JFB, not JLP-B or her husband JB) was in from Phoenix for the night. We decided to go see another show. He and I were trying to decide between Andrew Dice Clay, Carrot Top or Chris Angel Mind Freak. I'm not a fan of Cirque or Magic, so Chris Angel wasn't near the top of the list. We went to half price tickets after a decadent shopping trip (oh yeah, I did pretty well at the Craps table -- pretty well indeed). While waiting in line we heard that Clay was sold out, so we settled on Carrot Top. He was playing at our hotel, so it made it much more convenient. I use to love Carrot Top when I was about 10 or 11. I was excited, but didn't have high expectations. OH MAN! He was completely hilarious. I can't say enough good things about it. I laughed almost non-stop for 90 minutes. I think it was the best $39 I have spent in years. Next time I go to Vegas, I would be interested in seeing him again -- put that on your list people.

It is good to be home now. I am here for 3 nights, then off to PDX. JLP-B has set up wine tasting for Friday, I think. I'm looking forward to seeing her and her husband. I always have fun with them. I don't return to Chicago until Monday night. Lilly has been so affectionate today -- I feel bad that she is so lonely when I'm not here.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I've got us set up for Brooks, I'll have to twist Joe's arm though, we're pinching pennies to save for Jackson's b-day and next year's Disney trip but I'm sure he can't say no to you!