Monday, December 22, 2008

Snowy Christmas

I have been in Portland (well, McMinnville) since very late Wednesday night. It has been snowing non-stop since then. Well, the snow has stopped, so the freezing rain could come and put a razor sharp edge on top of the fluffy pretty snow.

Saturday afternoon we had 7.5 inches of snow outside. This morning we have 10.5 inches. I have never seen this much snow in Mcminnville before. I have only seen this much snow on the mountain or around the great lakes, never along the valley floor.

The neighbors moved from Idaho and have a snow blower, so the cleared the sidewalks and our driveway. This was very nice. Unfortunately, the snow kept coming and pretty much filled in the cleared pathways.

I haven't seen any friends since I got here. I haven't gone wine tasting, I haven't gone shopping, I haven't had a professionally cooked meal, I haven't even had fast food (which I never eat, but still...)

In 2 minutes I get to try my snow driving skills. We are going to the hospital for some surgery for my dad. We called the hospital to see if the surgery was still on, and of course the don't know. I know we will schlep clear across town on the non-plowed streets to the hospital and then they will say all elective surgery is cancelled. Then I will be very upset.

Stay tuned for the report of me flipping out in the hospital and me being arrested. Watch the Yamhill County Jail Blotter.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

David said...

Do you have a link to the Yamhill County Jail blotter? Be careful out there. That storm us unbelievable. Or, at least not anticipated.