Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday in the City

I had a very quiet night last night. I returned some swim trunks that were too big (thankfully I am not a Large with Tommy Bahama), then I went home. The rest of my night was spent making a list of things I need to finish up this weekend.

I love my lists. They make me feel so accomplished. I look over my tasks that are crossed off the list and smile. Or, more often than not, I look over my list and realize I have so few items crossed off the list I get mad at myself.

I called it an early night last night too. I got up early today and started crossing things off my list: do the dishes, CHECK; shower/shave, CHECK (yes, I do put simple everyday tasks on my list...it makes me feel accomplished.

I went to the dentist today. I love going to the dentist. It is just such a great feeling when you are done. I don't think I have ever had a dental phobia before, either. My boss is mortified by the dentist. I just don't get that.

There is a new dentist in the office too. I could spend all day chatting with him. He was born in Estonia, family in Pittsburgh and has lived in Chicago for a few years now. We have great political and travel conversations. I am sure that really makes his nervous patients feel better.

Bad news. I had a tiny cavity. How embarrassing. I can't believe it. He took care of it straight away, but still. I haven't had a cavity since I was a young teenager. Gross.

Tonight I have dinner with KS, we are going out for sushi. I've said it before and I will say it again, I love sushi and I would eat it everyday if I could.

On the bus home now, I will mark a few things off my list then head out to see KS. Should be a fun night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I giggle to think of you buying swim trunks at Tommy Bahama. Maybe its because the Tommy Bahama workers here are all tools.

Bry