Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It is here

Last night we completed our pre-closing inspection. The new paint and carpet (bed rooms and stair only, the rest is hardwood) look fantastic. My friend JM joined me on the walk thru. I just love the place. The guy from the developer was so thorough. We had a total of 7 items on the punch. Most were very minor. One item was the shower plumbing in the second upstairs bathroom not being attached to the studs.

I met my attorney today, the first time ever. She was about 14 months preggo. She was a big gruff and boisterous, but really knew her stuff. The closing was pretty painless. Lots of signing, and a hiccup with my name. Evidently some one with my name has some judgments against them. I had to fill out another certification that I am who I say I am, and list all of my addresses over the past 10 years.

Boom. It was then done. I got my keys, my garage door opener. It is now my home.

I am on the train heading home. Will get my parents and show them the new house. I am going to try to set up the internet this afternoon too. YAY!

The movers come tomorrow afternoon. We have lots of final packing to do tonight.

I am working from my new home tomorrow while the gas man comes. I can't wait to get settled.

If you need a recommendation for a real estate attorney or a real estate broker just let me know... I had a great team working with me.

1 comment:

David said...

Awesome! Congrats. Garage door opener?