Thursday, April 02, 2009

Too Many Excuses

I find myself with a large book of excuses at my disposal. I can find an excuse for me not to do a lot of things. Sometimes these excuses are really good, but most of the time a rational person would laugh and say I am just making up a reason to feel better about it.

I have a million and a half excuses as to why I don't go to the gym. Sometimes they are as lame as "there is a repeat of a Frasier that I haven't seen". Come on! Although I do enjoy that show, it is just a TV show. Last night I went to the gym. I spend 25 minutes doing cardio. Nothing extreme, but it was enough to get me moving. I feel good about it too. I am going to an architecture lecture tonight, so I doubt I will continue the work out tonight, but I hope to.

I come up with excuses for other things too. My favorite things to "excuse my way out of" are : eating a healthy meal, getting up on time, going to bed on time and cleaning the house. No one wants to do these things I am sure, but I just feel like shit when I don't. Seems like it would be pretty easy to do those things and then feel better. This is where my lists come in. With a list I am more likely to do these things. Yes, I do out "eat a healthy meal" on my list. I know, I am crazy.

People often say that I have a lot of stress now, with family stuff, work stuff, etc. But we all have stressors but the important thing is how we deal with said stressors... And starting yesterday TV and Slothfulness will not be my answer.

No comments: