Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Rainy Days and Wednesdays

It was beautiful earlier today. I went shopping for a mothers day gift at lunch and just loved being outside. At 445 pm I left the office to go meet my new accountant (turbo tax won't do what I need it to do anymore). The skies just opened up. It was miserable. I got totally drenched.

I couldn't get a taxi, I couldn't get a bus, it was just a mess. I also feel like I am getting a cold. Fucking Typhoid Marys on the bus today. Everyone was coughing and sneezing and snotting all over the place. I need a big glass of orange juice, something hot and spicey for dinner and a medium glass of scotch...since I am cold and wet, a little soak in my new very deep bathtub might be just what the doctor ordered.

I am excited for the weekend. P and J M are coming over and bringing D, their little girl. I am going to show off my house, let D play with Lilly (assuming Lilly will have any part of that) and then go see the new Star Trek movie. J is a big sci fi person, while her husband P isn't. P and D are going home while we go to the theater. I can't wait. I've heard trek fans hate the movie because it is a film that everyone can like, not only enjoyable by uber fans, but the general public. I am just happy to get my Star Trek fix again.

I am in a slow moving taxi now. I just want to go home. Please, go! Traffic: CLEAR! Go go go.

No comments: