Sunday, July 12, 2009

Quiet Weekend Alone

My mom left for Oregon this weekend. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go out and have a wild weekend or just enjoy the emptiness of my house. I chose the latter. I'm such a silly dumb homeowner now. My house was designed to be retrofitted for wheel chair access -- I have big closets on both floors that were designed to be an elevator. I had been using the main floor closet as a kitchen pantry. It had one shelf and a floor full of junk. Last weekend I went to the Container Store and designed (with assistance) my new pantry. I fucking love it. Take a look at the before and after shots:

I know it isn't much of a change, but adding six shelves is really exciting! Nerd, I know. I'm now excited to go to Costco and get a big order from Peapod! YAY! I decided not to install this myself, I had the guys from Elfa install the full thing. It took them less than 30 minutes -- including measuring, cutting, installing, etc. Again, I know this isn't rocket science either but I think it was money well spent.
I think I'm going to have these folks build out half of my hall closet (keep half of it for coats/guest coats). I'd like a bunch of shelves installed here too -- for storage of DVDs and books mostly.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

It is beautiful, but where is the wine fridge? :)

Jennifer said...

It looks great! I love having a pantry, I don't know what I would do with out it!