Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The trek

I continue my trek to find what is normal for me. The past 2.5 years have had me flying back to Oregon at least once every 6 weeks an putting my normal life on hold. Of course there is no ill will here, just stating a fact.

I signed up to take golf lessons yesterday. Six 90 minute lessons, once a week. They start next Monday. I am really looking forward to the lessons, I have never played golf before, but think it will be a good push for me. It will allow me to step out of my comfort zone and to try something new. My friend HC is joining me. It is a group class with a maximum of 12 people with one instructor. As of right now only 4 people have signed up. Sounds good to me.

I figured if I didn't sign up now, and get some real course time in this year, I end up putting it off for another year or more.

I also signed up or a public speaking class in October. When I started working with my coach last October we (me and my boss) agreed that this is a skill I need to work on. I have done little to work on it. This is another thing that will really push me out of my comfort zone, but has great positive possibilities.

Both golf and public speaking are things that are very beneficial in the business world. Who knows, maybe I will end up finding new passions...it is a possibility, right?

No comments: