Sunday, January 10, 2010

Not a Normal January

In Januarys past, I have spent the month catching up on my Netflix queue, sleep and planning a late winter trip. The Fall/Holiday Season in Chicago is always very busy - so many private, business, charity and holiday parties, I find myself very busy and never at home. I've always hated January because it is such a hard stop on the events -- goes from 5 events a week to 2 events a month.
This month has been different -- I've been more busy in the evenings, which makes the frigid month move ahead a bit quicker. Today I've been pretty productive -- I got up at 7:30 and worked for a couple of hours. I even popped over to the Salvation Army to find a nightstand for the guest room, couldn't find one though. My mom found another chair to use in her room as an office/vanity chair. It doesn't match (or go with) anything she has, but she likes it. It's a wooden chair, so I'm not concerned about the filthy Salvation Army stink getting into my house.
EAD and JFB are staying with me at the end of the month, which I can't wait for. I've got 3 weeks to fix up the guest room. I'm not doing anything major -- not going to paint or anything crazy like that. The guest room only has a bed and a dresser in it now. There isn't much room for anything else; I probably can't fit a chair and a night stand. I think I'm going to just go with a night stand. The closet has been designed by the California Closet people, so there is plenty of room in there for guests.
Mike and I are going out today do to a bit of shopping -- I'm going to pick up a night stand, a new duvet cover and some other linens for the bath and bed. Then going to dinner some place in Andersonville.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love buying stuff for the house, so much so that my Christmas list is full of items for the house. I don't know if you have a Habitat for Humanity Re-Store in your area but check there, they always have some good stuff at ours.