Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Full Day of Summer

Today is the first full day of summer and it is hot. We've had some hot days already this year and I am loving it. Last year we had a very mild summer and I was quite disappointed. Tomorrow is my company's golf outting in the Western Suburbs. I have only played golf once and was pretty bad. I have taken several lessons but the first round and second round of lessons were broken up by a long cold winter, with no practice whatsoever. Its just a game, so I am not really concerned about my ability, just as long as I am having fun. On the plus side it is supposed to be swelteringly hot and humid tomorrow, with a great chance of suvere storms. Makes for a lovely day on the course.

I just book airfare to SJU for JFBs birthday. EAD and Mike will be there as well. JFB is working his magic on getting room upgrades for us. Arlene helped me out with airfare again....half of what the other guys are paying...but she screwed up and I can't upgrade...5 hours in coach...I don't know what I am going to do. She and I are going to chat today to see what she can do to fix this situation.

Mike and I are also planning a trip to Portugal in September. I booked the Lisbon hotel last night, once Arlene gets the SJU snafu fixed she will start working on LIS.

I do believe my moms plan for another Caribbean cruise has been thwarted by BP this year. I have been reading so many reports of sick cruisers across many different cruise lines....the only thing in common is the routes they've travelled...not at all interested in that.

Bus is arriving at work, so I need to jet...will let you know how golf is tomorrow.

No comments: