Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Rainy Days and Lallapaloozers

As I write this I sit on a local bus en route to the office. Traditionally I take an express bus, but to get that bus I must walk three blocks...a nothing task on most days, but today the weather report calls for (and we are in the midst of) torrential rains and damaging winds. The local bus takes me to the same location, but the pick up point is about 20 metres from my front door. The trip is longer but the bus is empty and I am not drenched nor am I wind damaged.

Tonight D&MH arrive. They are spending a week with me. We are going to Lolloapalooza this weekend. I am excited to see Lady Gaga, Green Day and Sound Garden. We are also running a 5K race on Thursday.

I ran about 7-8K on Sunday with a friend who was doing the half marathon. It was pretty easy...well considering I joined the race after everyone else running had already been going at it for about 12K...I figure I can do 5K without much pain.

We aren't spending all day everyday at the show either...so we will be tracking down other things to fill the days. We are thinking about the track and playing the ponies. Arlington Park is such a beautiful space. We are definitely hitting. Kumas Corner for burgers (google it). It will be a fun and relaxing weekend.

The following weekend Mike and two of his friends and I will be going to Holland....Michigan. a friend has a house there and we figured a brief weekend out of town would be nice...plus it is the air and water show that weekend...an event that I cannot stand. So many hillbillys from Indiana watching planes fly and boats float (in amazement) really doesn't do it for me. I have actually seen these two things happen before...fascinating, I know.

Late summer and fall will find me traveling quite a bit. The trips I have book now are: YYZ, PDX, LIS, LGA, MCO, DEN, PSP and quite possibly TPA, and LAX. It doesn't look like I will be making my 50K mile threshhold this year...so sad.

My commute has taken 25 minutes so far and I am 6 blocks away...(30 blocks down now). Not too shabby considering all the variables in play.

Enjoy your day everyone...and be sure to listen to Lady Gaga, Green Day and Soundgarden and think of us...

No comments: