Thursday, December 16, 2010

Goal Help

One of my goals for 2011 is to read more for pleasure. I've got a lot of work related reading/education goals, but I figured I'd like to explore some of my friends favorite books. The problem is, I have this blog hidden from many people, so I won't have a lot of options here.

I'll try Facebook too.

I want to read books that are important to my friends. Tell me your favorite book -- and if you'd like tell me when you first read it and why you love it so much.

I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours...and I'll even go first. My favorite book is The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway. I read it my junior year of High School with Mrs. Burkes in APUSH (right after we read Sister Carrie, another FAV of mine). As I finished this book, I took my first trip to Europe and saw the places Ernest was talking about in this book. Really hit home and I love it. So many great quotes in it too. One of my favorites is used all the time - "Oh, go to hell". 'nuf said, huh?

Email me or comment here about your favorite book.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ok so one of my favorite books is "Buster Midnight's Cafe" by Sandra Dallas, it's not much of a read, a day maybe if you sit down and get to it. Sarah Peet sent it to me during one of my really down times and I just fell in love with it. I've read it several times since then ('99) and have bought a few copies for other friends. It's probably more of a girls book but it was about friends and relationships withstanding time. My second favorite you sent to us (Beer in Hell) and I hear there is a 2nd one out there ;)