I've lived in my home for over two years now. I had a list of things I'd want to update in this place from day one. Those things range from simple fixes to more major undertakings. For example, I needed to swap out the builder grade boob light for a more appropriate fixture. Seems pretty easy, doesn't it? Well, the hardest part for me was finding a light that I really wanted. I scoured many a catalog, retail shop, hotel, antique store and friends homes for inspiration -- and really found nothing that screamed to me.
- Update the guest room to feel more hotel/sanctuary like
- Install ceiling fans in the bed rooms (perhaps)
- Install a back splash in the kitchen
- Update the 3rd floor lanai to feel more like a comfortable outdoor room
- Repaint the entire house -- normal nicks, scratches and scuffs really annoy me.