Thursday, May 24, 2012

European Triad: Airbus...

One of the reason we wanted to visit Toulouse (in addition to allowing me to practice French) was to take a tour of the Airbus Industrie Factory. It wasn't a reason for us to go to Toulouse alone, but it was something I was getting excited about. Seeing the A380s being assembled and walking around and sitting in classic Airbus planes including Concorde would be a fun way to spend a portion of the day.


I've been on Concorde before, at the Intrepid: Sea, Air and Space Museum. I do wish I could have flown this plane before it was mothballed. Such is life though.

Anyway, we were going to spend some time on the factory tour, but I went to buy tickets and they are completely sold out (or otherwise unavailable) when we are there.  Our visit is in August and it is France -- it wouldn't surprise me if the factory/tour is just closed for the month.  I can't figure out if it is closed or sold out.

This is a bit frustrating.  I didn't put much thought into this tour until now -- when I know I can't go, now I'm disappointed.  I've heard from friends that the tour is just OK, nothing special, but now that I can't do it, I really want to. Grrr.

Have any of you been on the Airbus Industrie tour? Was it worth the visit? What else did you do in Toulouse?  Do you have irrational travel anger/frustration, like me?

If you've enjoyed this post and want to be the first to know when I've published a new one, sign up to receive them via email or directly in your RSS Reader. Follow me on Twitter or Google Plus too!

No comments: