My schedule only allowed me to participate one of the two days this year. I decided to focus on my neighborhood of Uptown. I headed out around 10h30 and planned on spending a couple hours walking through the neighborhood. I decided to visit the following sites:
- Weiss Hospital's Urban Rooftop Farm, 4646 N Marine
- Preston Bradley Center, aka The Peoples Church, 941 W Lawrence
- Agudas Achim North Shore Congregation, 5029 N Kenmore
- Essanay Studios, now St. Augustine College, 1333-45 WArgyle
- Aragon Ballroom, 1106 W Lawrence
- Green Mill 4802 N Broadway
- 4750 GreenRise Uptown, aka the ICA Building, aka theInstitute of Cultural Affairs, 4750 N Sheridan
- Sheridan Plaza Apartments, 4607 N. Sheridan
- Chelsea Hotel, now Friendly Towers, 920 W Wilson
Did you participate in Open House Chicago? Where did you go? Are you a member of the Chicago Architecture Foundation (I am and have been for more than a decade - love it)?
Be the first to know when a new post is published: sign up to receive them via email or directly in your RSS Reader. Follow me on Twitter or Google Plus too!