Sunday, January 13, 2013

Beer-Braised Turkey Leg Tacos

Tonight I made an old favorite recipe from Food & Wine (@FandW). These Beer-Braised Turkey Leg Tacos were first published in May of 2010.  I've made this recipe several times now and it gets better and better each time.

I won't rehash the recipe here, as you can click over to Food and Wine and get the full recipe, but I will tell you that once you try this recipe, you'll fall in love with it.  The sauce has a great depth of flavor and a nice little zing from the jalapeno and the ancho chili.  When I make this, I throw in three tomatoes instead of just the one called for in the recipe.

Seared Turkey Legs, resting before braising
Softening onions, jalapenos, garlic and ancho chilis
Turkey legs back in the pot, with a great Negro
Modelo braising liquid. The smell is so amazing.
Post blending of the sauce. Such a great rich depth of
flavors. I struggle  not just spooning this concoction
into my mouth one big scoop at a time.
The finished product, coupled with lime juice,
a corn tortilla and some freshly grated cheese.
We find this recipe makes 8 tacos - a nice portion for a dinner for two.  The recipe is very easy to double as well (even though I consistently struggle with halving or doubling recipes).  I top these great tacos with fresh cheese, a squirt of lime juice and diced onions. Usually I put tomatoes or pico de gallo on all tacos, but it's not needed here at all. Of course, your foundation must be fresh corn tortillas.

Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.  What is your favorite taco recipe?

Be the first to know when a new post is published: sign up to receive them via email or directly in your RSS Reader. Follow me on Twitter or Google Plus too!

No comments: