Chicago is home to a restaurant group called Lettuce Entertain You - a restaurant group that operates dozens of establishments in 6 states. There are 32 restaurants in the Chicagoland area and 26 in Chicago proper.
I've been a big fan of the Lettuce group - not a chain, as Lettuce has many different restaurants and concepts and isn't just the same old thing situated in or next to every-mall-USA. I've worked with the Lettuce Team the past two years to plan my company's holiday party and they were great.
For 2013 I have decided to eat at and review every single Lettuce Entertain You Restaurant in Chicago. A couple of rules I have set for myself. I will:
- ...not tell my contacts at Lettuce when and where I will be dining. I don't want any special treatment - no comped food, no reserved seat, no chat with the chef. I want a regular meal that anybody off the street would get.
- ...review my immediate meal and compare it to previous meals I've eaten at the restaurant.
- ...only review a restaurant after I've been in 2013 - no reviews based solely on prior visits.
- ...not review the same restaurant if it has multiple locations - one and done.
Below you will find the list of Lettuce Restaurants I will be visiting in 2013. Once I review I will update this page and and link to the review.
- Big Bowl
- Bub City
- Cafe Ba Ba Reeba!
- Foodlife / Foodease
- Frankie's 5th Floor Pizzeria
- Frankie's Scaloppine - 2/7/2013
- Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak and Stone Crab
- L. Woods Tap and Pine Lodge - 1/19/2013
- M. Burger - 2/8/2013
- Maggiano's Little Italy
- Mity Nice - 1/10/2913
- Mon Ami Gabi
- Nacional 27
- Osteria Via Stato
- Paris Club
- Pizzeria Via Stato
- R.J. Grunts
- RPM Italian
- Shaw's Crab House
- Wow Bao
What are your New Years Food Goals? No food goals for 2013? Let's fix that - call a couple friends, make plans tonight, share a bottle of wine and talk food and the future!