- Half 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- A pinch (yes, I know this isn't a real measurement--maybe 1/8 teaspoon) of red pepper flake
- Salt and pepper to taste
I shredded a chicken thigh to put it on top of the chili. I topped the whole thing with a couple twists of fresh ground pepper. I wish I could have had a bit of cheese on top, but that wasn't part of my SNAP Challenge shopping list.
Be the first to know when a new post is published: sign up to receive them via email or directly in your RSS Reader. Follow me on Twitter or Google Plus too!