The sauce was the key part of dish and to make it you'll need the following:
- 1 tablespoon of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock (I used the bones from my chicken thighs to make the stock)
- 1 teaspoon honey (I considered honey a condiment, so this wasn't cheating - do you agree?)
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce (condiment)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 teaspoons of Sriracha
Mix all these ingredients into a pan and heat until the peanut butter melts and everything comes together. I decided to take the easy route and put all of these ingredients into a Pyrex bowl and microwaved it for 30 seconds, then whisked it all together.
I served this sauce over rice noodles which were mixed with steamed broccoli, carrots and a left over chicken thigh. I think a bit of lime juice would have really brightened up this dish, but I didn't buy any. This recipe made enough sauce for two full servings of noodles (which I will eat tomorrow for lunch).
Be the first to know when a new post is published: sign up to receive them via email or directly in your RSS Reader. Follow me on Twitter or Google Plus too!