I picked up the following items:
- Two 28 ounce cans of tomatoes at $1.59 each
- One 16 ounce bag of lentils at $0.99
- Two pounds of carrots at $1.59
- One yellow onion at $0.56
- One eggplant at $1.62
- Half a pound of broccoli at $0.80
- Six pounds of Split Chicken Breasts at $9.21
- 32 ounce container of raw almonds at $8.99
The total cost was $26.94 plus tax.
|#SNAPChallenge Round 2 Food|
My goal this time around was to find things to eat that are more filling for a longer period -- more proteins and less carbs -- which is why I bought the lentils, the raw almonds and the chicken breasts. I figure I can eat one breast a day for the week.
I am starting off by cooking the Tomato Garbanzo Soup that I made last time I did this Challenge. I'll eat this for lunch for the next few days and hopefully remain full longer than I did before.
Wish me luck tomorrow on my first day of living on just $35 / week.